There is plenty of stress and health related problems when playing WoW for too long every day, but there are a few things in which you can do to make it better for your body. Of course, the best thing you can do for your body is to not play WoW at all, but let’s just say that isn’t going to happen. Your options are literally endless when it means caring for your body instead of playing WoW, but it is only up to you to decide on what you want to do with your life. Do you want to play WoW for the rest of your life or do you think you might want something more from life eventually? There are thousands of people out there that have lost everything from playing WoW, and you don’t want to end up like them. Here are 5 things you can do to better your body when playing WoW for long hours:
- Take regular breaks – It’s important for your back and eyes that you take regular breaks if sitting in front of the computer all day. The best way of doing this is to go outside and enjoy the fresh air a little bit and catch some sunshine. This way your eyes get a rest, you get to stretch your back, and your legs get a little workout. This is one of the most important steps to take because not doing this can have a serious effect on your body later in life – when you will be wishing you didn’t spend your days sitting in front of the computer.
- Go and eat some healthy food – When sitting in front of the computer all day it’s easy to forget about making healthy meals, but it’s one of those things that has to be done. You will gradually lose all of your energy and you will end up making yourself ill if you just sit there eating sweets and chocolate and drinking energy drinks just to keep you awake. Even something simple that will take a couple of minutes out of your day can be the difference.
- Go to the gym for an hour a day – The best thing you can do if you decide you are going to spend all day playing World of Warcraft, is to at least go to the gym for an hour a day. At least that gives your eyes, back, and legs a break from sitting in the same chair all day. The best thing is you also get a good exercise and feel good about yourself at the end of it.
- Try and stick to your sleep patterns – It’s very easy to forget about the time when you have been playing WoW all day but it’s important to keep an eye on the tie and get your head down to stick to your sleep patterns, otherwise you will end up playing WoW all night and sleeping through the day, or worse, staying awake through the day as well.
- Don’t forget your hygiene – This is one of the easiest things to do when you are playing games all day, and that’s going to have a wash. It takes 10 minutes out of your day to go and have a shower and brush your teeth – and it makes you feel a lot fresher.
The above are just a few things you can do on a daily basis to make sure you aren’t going to end up like a lot of the other unfortunate WoW addicts that end up losing everything. Obviously playing WoW for long hours on a daily basis isn’t going to help your body at all, so the best thing you can do is to make things slightly better.