World of Warcraft (WoW) is well-known to be a stressful game that can cause major addictions. So if you play WoW, it’s always recommended you take certain steps to help prevent that from happening. A great way of doing that is to practise yoga for a few hours a week whether that is from going to a class or doing it in your own garden, it doesn’t matter. You might already be addicted to WoW, but that isn’t going to stop you from taking the odd yoga class to help you relax and take in some light exercise when you aren’t sat in front of the computer. Yoga not only helps the body to relax, but it also helps the mind to relax which is great if your mind is usually concentrated on playing on games all day. Here are five of the reasons why you should take up yoga if you play WoW:
- Gets you out the house – Yoga is not only great for a variety of fitness reasons, but it also gets people out the house. Depending on whether you go to a yoga class or not, yoga can still be done in your own garden with the help of a few exercises and a mat to concentrate on. Getting out the house instead of being sat in the same room all day playing WoW is going to help you out a lot more than you think. Yoga should be undertaken by anyone who is stressed, angry, or just wants to do something in their spare time to keep fit – which is what every WoW player needs.
- You get some much needed exercise – Everybody needs exercise, even if you are skinny and your body looks great. Exercise not only keeps your body in tip top shape but it also stimulates the mind. Even if you aren’t fond of exercise, yoga isn’t exactly hard work and only consists of some light exercises. It can be a little hard at first to try and loosen the joints but after a while you will be able to do most exercises with ease.
- Your body and brain gets to relax – Your body is slouched in a chair all day and your brain is only focused on playing WoW for hours on end, it’s like a prison sentence for anybody. You need to give your body and brain a break now and again, because even things like your eyes suffer from staring at a bright screen for too long. Just take a deep breath and spread your exercise mat out and relax into the moment, you might be surprised how much you like it.
- You get time to think about life – Yoga is a great way to spend time away from the real world and you get time to think about everything in general. Yoga is almost a way of meditating in the quiet and this will give you time to think about what you want to do with your life or if there is anything you want to change about yourself.
- Meet new people – If you are doing a yoga class then it is a great way of making new friends – WoW doesn’t give you much time to do that unless you are making friends on the internet, which isn’t of much use to anyone. You will find that making a few new friends isn’t going to hurt and that could end up getting you out the house on more occasions, like going out for food or just going bowling etc. Yoga classes often organises trips and activities for the members so it’s a great way of making new friends.
These are just 5 of the many great reasons why you should take up a yoga class if you play WoW. It helps a lot in terms of being able to stimulate the body and mind. If you are stuck indoors all day and you are trying to get out the house, go up your local sports hall or checkout some local yoga classes online and it will do you the world of good.